Sunday 22 September 2013

Fixing Car Problems, Cleaning The Throttle Body And MAF Sensor On My Mazda 6 2.0L To Stop Surging, Stalling And Excessive Fuel Consumption

17 MPG from a 2 litre Mazda 6 saloon is not normal !

We have had the Mazda 6 5 door from new and it is now 8 years old and has done over 120,000 miles.

It has been very reliable and apart from normal service items it had needed a new clutch and new front discs at about 75,000 miles and that has been it.

I would highly recommend one to anyone as a sporty comfortable and for me very reliable car.

Now about a month ago my wife who normally drives the car said it had recently stalled a couple of times and was also using a lot of fuel.

It was about due for a service so I changed the oil and oil filter and also the spark plugs and air filter hoping this would sort the problems but it made no difference it still stalled occasional and was still only doing about 17 MPG.

So my next steps were
  • Check for air leaks in the induction side of the engine
  • Clean the throttle body
  • Clean the MAF sensor
I hope this will sort the problem without spending any money on what is now quite an old car!

To see how I did it and find out if it worked check out my video below


No comments:

Post a Comment