Tuesday 27 August 2013

A new experiment - Removing Rust And Oxidization Using Vinegar - Does It Work

After the seemingly successful experiment using brake fluid to restore old hard rubber parts on the old Kawasaki I am really getting into this experimenting thing.

I have seen another seemingly strange restoration technique on the web and that is using plain household vinegar to remove rust and corrosion from metal surfaces.

Supposedly this removes rust from steel parts as well as oxidization from aluminium and other alloys.

I have decided to test this on my corroded fuel filler cap as this has several different metals such as steel, aluminium, brass, and what looks like a type of zinc alloy as well, it also has a painted surface for extra interest.

So for my very technical and scientific test I am simply going to drop it whole into some vinegar and see what happens so check back in the next few days to see the results.

Make sure you click follow on my blog or subscribe to my youtube channel so you dont miss any of my posts or videos.

You could also share my blog and youtube channel with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment