Saturday 5 October 2013

Review Of My 2005 Mazda 6 2.0L TS2

A review of my Mazda 6 2.0L TS2.

File pictures



I was talking to a friend about his Audi that has got major engine problems again and how he has spent quite a lot of money on the car over the 70,000 miles he has had it.

This got me thinking about my Mazda 6 and how I had not really thought about its reliability over the years.

I then realized why I had not thought about the reliability of my Mazda, its because it has been totally reliable and has only ever let me down once and that was just a weak battery that just needed replacing.

So I just thought I would give you a brief story of my Mazda ownership and what I thought of the car and the problems I have had.


  • The Car is a Mazda 6 TS2 with the 2000cc petrol engine.
  • Owned since new in 2005
  • Has now done 125,000 miles, mostly start stop town driving with occasional long trips.
Now I will list the problems I have had in that time

  1. New battery at 50,000 miles - the only time it hasn't started first time
  2. New front discs needed at 75,000 miles
  3. New clutch needed at approximately 85,000 miles
  4. Throttle body and MAF sensor cleaned due to rough idle
Now looking at that list I would consider that to be totally acceptable reliability and you could even consider those items on the list as consumable service items that have a certain service life anyway.

So If you take into account my experience of Mazda ownership then I would rate it as incredibly reliable and have been very pleased with the reliability so far.

Now it is not perfect so to balance this frankly excellent reliability I will briefly list what I consider to be some of the good and bad points of this particular model.

GOOD POINTS

  • Reliability
  • Looks good
  • Sporty handling
  • Fantastic Bose sound system
  • Comfortable
  • No rust

BAD POINTS

  • Fuel consumption not the best, 30 mpg in my case
  • Uses a lot of oil even when new, they all do that evidently!
  • Ride a little firm
  • Not the most powerful engine in its class
  • Paint finish slightly "orange peel" from new but it is durable, no rust
So That is briefly my review of my Mazda and from the lists above I think I would be able to recommend it to anyone as a good reliable and stylish family car.

I would be interested to know if my experience is typical of Mazda ownership or have I just been lucky ?








No comments:

Post a Comment