Tuesday 15 October 2013

Car Crash Damage To Mazda 6 - I Dont Think I Will Be Repairing That

My Plans To Restore My Mazda 6 To Something Like New Condition Have Had A Bit Of A Setback Today!



A bit of a dent

You may have seen in my previous posts how I had decided to do some work on my wife's Mazda 6 hatchback.

The idea was to spend a little time but not much money on generally servicing and cleaning it up so it was looked more appealing and by fixing a few minor faults it would last another few years without her complaining that she needed a new car.

Well as you can see in the picture it has had a bit of a bump. Somebody ran into the back of it when we were waiting to turn right at a junction, A crash has happened at least once a week in the same spot for years ( not to me ) so I don't know what it is about that junction but this type of accident is very common there so there must be a reason although the road surface is not the best so that could be a factor.

Anyway the nice lady at the insurance company says im sure it can be fixed, you would be surprised what the body shop can do. I'm sure that anything can be fixed if you throw enough money at it but with my semi expert eye the damage to the back panel, hatch back, both rear wings and boot floor I would guess the damage to cost twice what the car is worth so we will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment